Author Topic: #268 SOLD  (Read 142 times)

Jon Robere

• View Profile
#268 SOLD
« on: February 06, 2019, 07:01:29 AM »
Hey There,

Happy to report that Roger Longs Ultravan #268 has been sold to Jon and Nicole Robere in San Diego CA.  The wife and I are dreamers as I am sure some of you are...our hope is to give this coach some LOVE and in the near future take some cross country trips.  We really fell in love with this Ultra the moment we saw it.

Actually we will be going home with two of Roger Longs old rides.  The other is a 95 Rampside camper. 

I have always loved the Corvair.  I spent most of my younger adult years messing with VW's and split window campers.  Love me some old rides!

Some might laugh or chuckle... but I bought the Ultra without being able to open it and look inside.  It's being used for storage and was locked/owner not there but from what I can see it was in fairly decent condition.  We will see.

The asking price was $3000 or best offer.

I gave the daughter Jennifer the full asking price.  I kind of feel fortunate to be the new owner.

I joined my local corvair club when I got my 64 convertible and my 66 4 -door a few years ago.  Really neat club the SDCC. 

Roger Long was a member of the SDCC.  I kind of like the idea that maybe we can get Rogers Rides Rolling again so another family can enjoy them. 

Jon Robere

Owen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: #268 SOLD
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2019, 03:04:37 PM »
Congratulations Jon & Nicole! You should plan to visit the Palm Springs UV rally in March:
http://www.ultravan.club/index.php/topic,113.0.html

carlofsumner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2019, 11:44:12 PM »
I just sent an email to your cox email account. Please contact me.

CDJ

Jon Robere

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2019, 09:41:17 AM »
Thanks!  I did!