Author Topic: Seat belts - let's see 'em!  (Read 1069 times)

rickmilne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Seat belts - let's see 'em!
« on: October 17, 2017, 05:33:10 PM »
One of the things that I totally forgot to do when we were at the rally is pay attention to folks' seat belts setups. I'm not totally comfortable with just one huge lap belt over the 2x2 seat (we'd like to keep the seats as close to original as we can for those odd times we do have 4 people across). So I'm trying to figure out how to do a shoulder/lap belt for the driver and "outer" passenger and just lap belts for the "inner" passengers while still retaining the option for the seats to be placed sideways.

I have a few ideas that I'm going to investigate, but would like to see and hear other ideas.

-R

Owen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Seat belts - let's see 'em!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 05:46:45 PM »
Jim Davis installed shoulder harnesses in #388 with the bench seats. Just one long strap going all the way across. Well, two if you count the shoulder strap and the lap belt.

rickmilne

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 06:04:34 PM »
I was wondering about that but thought the shoulder strap would be too low on the inside person and going across the face of the other. Any photos by chance?

carlofsumner

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 11:27:57 PM »
We have the stock belts in RC. If and when I change to bucket seats I will be going with a shoulder and lap belt. I probably will go with 96-2000 Chevy truck seats that have a built in belt shoulder harness.
CDJ

Owen

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2017, 01:33:46 PM »
Davisí never sat 4 abreast - 1 person per bench only. I donít think I have photos of belted in people but maybe photos of assy. They seemed comfortable the one time I rode with them.